Why is there oil on my boots? That can't be good! Reno, NV – Day 4 Monday, 5/17

I ate breakfast in Delta, UT. Probably the best breakfast I have had in years, nothing fancy, just good home cooking. Shortly after leaving town there was a sign that said “Next services 103 miles.” I looked down and saw my range on my tank was 103 miles. I didn’t chance it. After topping off, I drove for about an hour and took a break on the side of the road. I remember thinking that the desert has a rough, dry toughness to it. It also has a peaceful, quiet beauty to it as well. I didn’t picture the desert full of mountains and gorgeous terrain (pretty darn fun on a Harley, too). It was about 60* crossing the Nevada desert. I saw rain closing in, so I pulled over in an entry to a driveway that only God knows where the road lead. As I am throwing on rain gear, I looked down and saw oil on the pipes and my boots. That can’t be good. I investigated and decided my best choice was to head into Reno and take it to the Harley dealership for repair. So I dropped of the bike for repair and two new tires. They are going to give me a call when it is ready for the road. My goal was to be in Crescent City, CA by 5:00, Tuesday evening. My cousin Erin & Bill, (mothers side, 3rd cousin, twice removed - I get lost in the family tree)( Deac, don’t get mad at me) are expecting me and are kind enough to allow me to stay with them for a night. We had a Lancaster family reunion in Seattle last summer and made mention of the trip. As soon as I get word from Harley, I’m off into the wild blue yonder (really dark, wet clouds ahead). It looks like rain for the next several days. That’s o.k. A bad weather day on a Harley better than a good day at work (metaphorically speaking, of course).

Salina, Utah to Reno, NV
Miles: 540
Sites: Desert
Emotion of the day: Please get me through this desert!

No comments:

Post a Comment