Yellowstone – Are you kidding me? Day 8 – Friday,5/21

I drove into the small town just west of Yellowstone called West Yellowstone. I had been looking forward to this day for a long time. I ate lunch in town and asked a server about some of the choices I had after I went into the park. She steered me clear of some roads under construction but made it very clear that the speed limit was only 45 mph. What? My bike doesn’t go that slow! Highly annoyed, I payed my fee to the nice ranger upon entering the park and sped off. Within the first half mile I almost ran into the car in front of me. An RV and five cars had stopped to take some pictures. Can you believe it? I am on a mission to see 24 states and all I see are brake lights. Breathe, Glen. During the next half mile my attitude changed. I took pictures of buffalo, eagles, elk, and deer. Woooow! This is cool. Everything I had heard about the park was worth the hype. I got it. As a matter of fact, a buffalo was slowly cruisin down the middle of the road. He was actually too close to snap a picture. When I was rolling up, he slowly turned his head toward me. I wondered if this loud wide iron horse was a threat to him. I didn’t stick around to snap a picture. My entire ride through the national park, my head was on a swivel.
As amazing as Yellowstone was, my favorite part of that day was in Big Horn National Forest afterwards. I saw valleys, Beautiful mountains passes, waterfalls, canyons and miles and miles of mountain sides of elevation above 6000 ft. I took plenty of pictures along the way to record my journey that day. This is definitely a place to bring Cheryl and the boys to see. If you are ever going through Yellowstone, be sure to take another half day to see Big Horn National Forest! A must see.

Butte, MT to Sheridan, WY

Miles: 440 miles (mostly @ 30-45 mph through Yellowstone)

Sites: West Yellowstone, elk, buffalo, eagles, deer, Old Faithful, Yellowstone Lake, Bighorn National Forest, Bighorn Canyon, Chimney Rock

Emotion for the Day: This buffalo looks like he wants to eat me

1 comment:

  1. Hey Biggun! Looks like ur having a blast. Word on Kurt is that he now has a new hip and is on the mend. We should be golfing soon, so hurry back!
    Richard

    ReplyDelete