Now which lake is this? Petosky, MI – Day 12 Tuesday, 5/25

I want you to take out a piece of paper and a pencil. List the five Great Lakes and draw their shapes. Now, put them geographically in place around the correct states. How did you do? When I talked to Tyler last night, I shared with him that I have to study geography just as much as he is. Having only been out of Texas a few times, I find myself being challenged to remember what Ms. Reeves taught me in the fifth grade. I can still hear her voice, “Young, Is that you back there making all that noise? Shut your face, son!” I guess that means I wasn’t paying attention to her geography lessons. I didn’t travel far today in order to catch up my blog. I crossed the Mackinac Bridge that runs between Lake Michigan and Lake Huron. The roads in Michigan are rough and take their toll on the drivers and vehicles. Tomorrow, I will try and touch four states as I work my way back to Texas.

Marquette, MI to Petoskey, MI
Miles: 202
Sites: Lake Huron, Lake Michigan and the Mackinac Bridge between the two lakes
Emotion of the day: I need to catch up on my blog!

2 comments:

  1. finally got a chance to catch up with you-sounds like you are having a great time-be safe and i cant wait to see your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes...

    Ms. Reeves...

    "People... Shut the face."

    I'm enjoying your trip. It's the next best thing to being there!

    ReplyDelete